Sunday, February 21, 2010

[Heart] Note...to Coupons

I'm back from Boston and facing the reality of going back to work tomorrow, which meant putting together a grocery list and running a couple of errands today. So while I drank my coffee this morning I looked through the grocery store fliers and made my list. Since one of the supermarkets I patronize is offering three double dollar coupons this week, I also looked through my manufacturers' coupons.

Imagine my delight when I got to the produce section and found some baby arugula marked down as a special today, for less than half the original price. $1.99! Hello?!? So what the best by date is tomorrow? It looked great in the package and I'm sure I can stretch it a day or two longer and use it a couple of different ways in lunch or dinner this week.

But wait! It gets better. I had a $1.00 off coupon and a double dollar coupon with me and that means it would be free!!! In fact, I got a paid a penny to take this off the shelf! Lucky me! Arugula! Free!

I [heart] coupons!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin