Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pizza Night

Over the weekend I wanted to cook, and create, but I didn't want it to feel too much like winter--so standing over a pot of chili was not in order. Instead I opened my blinds and my windows and I made pizza. I was out of practice, not having made one in more than a year if I remember correctly, so I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get the dough nice and thin, the way I like it, but it was like riding a bike. And I was able to make two pizzas out of one pound of dough.
. For one I caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms while the dough rested at room temperature; the other I topped with fresh mozzarella, sliced garlic, and Roma tomatoes. Both came out delicious.
Unfortunately, I've enjoyed all I can over the last couple of days. Fortunately, since I'm not sure there's a palatable way to use leftover pizza in soup, there's still room in my freezer next to the rotisserie chicken.

1 comment:

Tam and John said...

Pizza Palooza. Promise me that next week, when you want the steak, you won't settle for the rest of the pizza....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin