Friday, May 28, 2010

A Perfect Day

It's going to be a great day. How could it not? I have the day off--and it's not a holiday. The sun is shining and it is predicted that today will be mostly sunny, with a few clouds and a high temperature of 79. I brewed a perfect pot of coffee this morning, and have time to drink the whole thing if I want. Or I could save some of it to make iced coffee to have by the pool later, since my pool opens today. Perfect, right?

Before I park myself by the pool I'm going to go to the gym and do some housecleaning, maybe some laundry, and my parents would like me to stop by because it's my birthday. I'm 45 today, smack dab in the middle of my life--if I live to be 90. But that's too much to think about.

Today I'm going to focus on today, thankful that the sun is shining, grateful that I am happy and healthy and able to enjoy it.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin