Sunday, May 16, 2010

Anticipation

I'm in a particularly good mood this weekend. I have a lot of energy and I'm feeling motivated to do things with that energy. Case in point, I just ironed 3 pairs of cropped pants (or are they Capris? which is which?) that I plan to wear this week. (And I hate ironing. Before the ironing episode? I organized my shoe closet.)

By 10:30 this morning I had done my laundry and had been to the gym--and that was after a leisurely 2 cups of coffee.

Even though I have spent a fair amount of time indoors this weekend, I'm not hibernating in avoidance. My windows are open, the sun is shining in, and I am not dreading tomorrow or the day after. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow and the day after, and next weekend, and the weekend after that. I'm doing things and making lists as if in preparation for something great, something indistinct and unidentified thing just over the horizon.

I'm getting ready.

That thing on the horizon? It must be vacation.

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin