Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Group Hug

In the past I may have started this post by saying, I have no right to be sitting here writing! when I still have midterm exams to correct and grades are due tomorrow at 7 am, but I don't believe that. I do have the right, and I do have the desire. If not every day, writing is certainly part of my week--several times a week. I feel at home at the keyboard. And yet it has been 6 (albeit busy, fun, exciting) days since my last post. I'm in writing withdrawal....

I also already miss having Jill around (she just left this afternoon), and I don't know what I'll do with myself next weekend. The party is over and not only will I have not have any centerpieces to arrange, but I won't have a hectic schedule to keep. I suppose that part is not bad; it will be nice not to have to be someplace new every few hours. Yet there was some comfort in the chaos. The party was a collective (and successful) effort; at every point in the frenetic schedule I was with friends and family. The whole weekend was a bit like a big, long group hug. Although I did shed a few sentimental tears, I laughed far more than I cried. I would do it all over again.

But since I don't have to, I will have a nice, quiet weekend with a little more time to write.

PS Didn't Norma do a great job on the cake?...

3 comments:

Amy said...

So glad that it was a success. The cake is beautiful. Cheers to the whole family!

Tam and John said...

Gorgeous cake! Congratulations to your parents - I knew it would be awesome!

Norma said...

Thanks for the compliment Joanne! My family and I had a wonderful time, as always. This was a special celebration and I'm glad we were there to help share in ALL the joy :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin