Monday, November 23, 2009

A Room with a View

Over my kitchen sink, I have no window, only a wall. I have created there my view of the world in a way, by framing and hanging a few of my favorite photographs from some of my favorite places. This weekend, as I looked out of the balcony of my room at the Millenium Bostonian hotel, it occurred to me that I don't have any photographs of Boston. At all. I have the requisite print of a Newbury Street scene, and a framed postcard of the swan boats at Boston Common (The Public Garden), but not a single picture I have taken.

Maybe it's not that strange, from the perspective that I lived there so long and still visit so often. But still. It's one of my favorite places. And taking pictures is one of my favorite things to do. So I grabbed my camera.

This is what I saw.














And this is where I stayed.










And this is where I felt at home again.





1 comment:

Tam and John said...

OMG now I'm officially, totally, painfully jealous.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin