Tuesday, November 24, 2009

[Heart] Note...to Soup

Whether it's my mother's rosół or homemade tomato soup, or the Hungarian mushroom soup from Price Chopper that fills in for her Christmas Eve cream of mushroom, I love soup. The list goes on and includes soups I make, like Italian sausage soup, creamy corn and squash chowder, and basic vegetable soup. The clam chowder at McCormick and Schmick's was a perfect (and delicious) late dinner the other night, and a can of Progresss soup is lunch in a pinch on many school days. I'm not ashamed to admit I even eat red and white label Campbell's soup on occasion. Whether I make it or buy it or bring it home from my mother's, there's nothing like soup.

Sometimes it makes me sweat, or my nose run; other times it just fills my belly. Always, it's a meal in a bowl, a hug in a mug, and why I [heart] soup.

1 comment:

Tam and John said...

Turkey soup. That's all I'm sayin.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin