Thursday, September 3, 2009

[Heart] Note...to Meredith

I called my niece Meredith this afternoon to see how her first day of school went. After the brief rundown of teacher, classmates, and an 80-minute gym class that she participated in while wearing flip flops because she didn't know she had gym today for 80 minutes today, she said, "Asia," (number 27 on my list of 44 blessings) which means she is about to change subjects. I hear "Asia" in the middle of a conversation with her and my internal editor inserts a new paragraph symbol.

"Yes?..."

"Do you think I should do band?"

"Well, what instrument are you thinking of playing?"

"Trumpet."

"Oh. I didn't know you liked the trumpet. Why do you want to play the trumpet?"

"It's the easiest. "

"It is?" I asked.

"Yeah, it only has three buttons."

1 comment:

Tam and John said...

[heart] [smiley face] love this. love meredith.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin