Aside from having to save a boy’s life at the airport in San Diego, while I waited for my bag to get catapulted onto the conveyor and Jill and Jon waited in the car, every moment of my vacation was perfect. Not once did I find myself wishing I were somewhere else. I was present, in the moment, happy and relaxed.
If I had to narrow down the top 10 moments/things I loved it most about my trip, it would be these (not in any particular order):
1. on time flights with free checked luggage (see previous post)
2. NO CANKLES!!
3. putting my feet in the Pacific Ocean (on more than one occasion) (without cankles!)
4. lunch at George’s on the Cove in La Jolla; dessert at La Valencia
5. fish tacos and a margarita (or two) upon arriving
6. cocktails in Coronado
7. lunch in Manhattan Beach with Jill, Lisa and Joanne
8. lunch in Redondo Beach, with Jill, Lisa and Joanne
9. spending time with everyone I was able to spend time with
10. being outside as much as possible, catching up on fresh air and sunshine
My spirit is restored. I plan to hold on to that for dear life until this school year ends.