Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Love It, I Love It Not...Waiting

I get it. The rest of the world is not always on my schedule, and might not have any interest in working with me when, say, like today, I wanted to grab sushi for dinner on my way home from work. Getting home to do laundry was the goal for the evening; figuring out dinner before I got started was--I thought---a great idea.

Until 20 minutes was actually 40.

Did I mention I hate waiting?

Well, more than waiting, I hate being ignored while I am waiting.

As I said, I get that the world is not on my schedule. I also get that sh*t happens--especially /even in restaurants where I have first hand experience.

I was the server who said, "I am SO sorry. I forgot to put in the ticket. Can I get you a drink while you wait?" I acknowledged, took responsibility and apologized, tried to make better. I got good tips. And customers that wanted to be in my section. I did not ignore the customer standing there in a fuchsia sweater whom I told it would take twenty minutes, and who arrived then, but stood there another twenty minutes later.

Time is money, I often say, so my maki roll lunch special was not the bargain and good idea it promised to be. Instead, it was an (expensive) exercise in waiting, and frustration, and poor customer service.

I do not love any of those things.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin