Sunday, November 21, 2010

And the Next Iron Chef is...

I couldn't be happier with the final two chefs: Forgione and Canora. I had a feeling these last few weeks that it would come down to them, that despite Ming Tsai's Zen-like confidence, which often came across as arrogance, we would be watching an epic cook-off between Canora and Forgione. Sure, early in the season I was hoping that maybe another woman iron chef would be born to stand in Cat Cora's company, but Cambridge's Dumond didn't cut it, and then both the pig tails and braids got on my nerves a little so when they didn't make it to the end I wasn't really disappointed.

That is to say, I got sucked into yet another Food Network competition series. Most Sundays I stayed up past my bedtime to watch the exciting hour, but on those Sundays when the Sandman was not to be deterred, I'd catch up later in the week.  But tonight I'd have put on a pot of coffee after the Pats game, if it was necessary, to see the final showdown in Kitchen Stadium.

Things are heating up, as Alton Brown says, and in thirty minutes we'll have a new Iron Chef. May the best chef prevail.

Congratulations, Chef Forgione!

1 comment:

Tam and John said...

Sunday football followed by the Iron Chef finale. Dream day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin