Sunday, March 11, 2012

[Heart] Note...to a Good Night's Sleep

Despite a comfortable bed and soft sheets, I find it harder these days to get a good night's sleep. By that I mean sleeping all the way through the night and waking up rested.

Too many nights lately I go to bed with a lot on my mind, so if I wake up in the middle of the night--because my over-40 bladder needs a break, or my neighbors make a racket when they get home late (read: drunk), or the wind is howling-- I have trouble getting back to sleep. The worry track in my head starts running and falling asleep again becomes a challenge.

So I love a night like last night when I slept through the night. I may not feel exactly well-rested (I think I'm still at a deficit) but I felt so very satisfied when I woke up and saw 7:22 on my alarm clock, and it was actually 8:22 already...but I stayed comfy just a little while longer because I [heart] my sleep.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin