Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Season's Eatings


chocolate covered panettone
I started this holiday week by indulging in chocolate covered, custard filled panettone with my coffee the morning of Christmas Eve. I had planned on said "breakfast" for almost a week, and I was not disappointed.

That night the meatless meal my aunt prepared included baked stuffed shrimp and salmon filet.

On Christmas Day my cousin Kristina prepared beef tenderloin that melted in your mouth.

detox salad
By Monday night I was craving salad. I needed something crunchy and green and fresh that didn't sit beside a pile of creamy mashed potatoes. I took myself out for a salad for dinner and enjoyed every wholesome bite. Yesterday I went grocery shopping for fresh produce so I could stay on salads for a few days in the comfort of my own home.

Which is not to say the season of indulgence is over. It just means that I have a strategy on how to get through the rest of the season's celebrations and excess: one salad at a time.

1 comment:

Amy said...

In my true fashion, I'll start detoxing when my Chex mix is gone lolol.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin