Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Feeling Chef-y

I’d like to say I’m back, I’m out of my rut, that the 74 degree day we had on Friday helped me immeasurably, and that stepping out of my routine on Saturday sealed the deal and got my out of winter seasonal affective disorder (SAD), but it’s not that easy. Aside from the March snow that has since followed, I don’t want to jinx myself.

All I’m willing to say at this point is that I felt a little chef-y yesterday. Various ideas from my usual array of inspiring magazines and Food Network lineup and the new Trader Joe’s discoveries (steamed and peeled beets and individual goat cheese rounds) that were in my refrigerator culminated into a menu idea for me, by me.

For a creative person who hasn’t felt very creative lately, I know that taking the time to make a dinner that nurtured my body as it honored my creative soul is a step in the right direction. That much I can say. Oh, and in case you're wondering: yes, it was as delicious as it looks.

Salad course:
Arugula with beets and warm goat cheese crusted with rosemary focaccia breadcrumbs and walnuts
 and sprinkled with candied pecans


Main course:
Sauteed chicken in a lemon sauce with asparagus

3 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful! And delicious I'm sure, even with the non-AA-approved ingredients.

jck said...

For those of you curious, non-AA is "not Amy Approved." She still has food hang-ups. ;-)

Tam and John said...

Seriously?? This is gorgeous! And I have no doubt it was delicious. I absolutely cannot wait to visit and EAT with you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin