Monday, April 26, 2010

[Heart] Note...to Haymarket



I still can't get over the bag of mesclun mix, as big as a standard pillow, that cost only $2.99. I couldn't stop (still can't stop) talking about it. The prices are unbeatable. But it's more than the bargains that brings me there, more than getting two bunches of asparagus for $1.50 or two bunches of broccoli for $1.00.

Maybe it's also the sheer volume of produce and the number of people jamming the small, bumpy walkways with their carts. And maybe it's partly that--while said locals fill their carts and buy their produce for the week--right around the corner visitors wander around a tourist attraction or are sitting down prepared to pay 15 dollars for a burger at the Hard Rock Cafe.

I'm not sure what it is, or what combination of things makes it so magical for me, but I do know that I [heart] Haymarket.

1 comment:

Tam and John said...

You just took me back and what a lovely little trip it was! Thanks :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin