Thursday, August 20, 2009

By the Grace of God

please don't let me jinx myself...

I have been writing longhand, by the pool or sitting inside, jotting notes everywhere, and as much as it has been a good thing that I have continued to write, it has been frustrating not to be able to transcribe my notes into published posts or Word documents in the evening or first thing in the morning. And even though I knew that I'd really be without a computer for only a week, and maybe I was meant to take a break, it has been awful.

I have been stubborn, trying relentlessly to get my computer working again. I have been rebooting every day, every five minutes when I'm in the mood, never getting enough time to do the things people have recommended: defrag, delete photos, start in safe mode, go to HP Care Advisor, etc etc. I try and my computer freezes before I have a chance to do anything corrective. Or diagnostic even. But I keep rebooting, thinking maybe the problem will go away. (Was it Einstein who said insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result? Yep. Well this week I have been certifiable.) I wondered if it was my wi-fi connection, or my remote mouse. And I thought maybe, if enough people know how devastating this has been, I'll create a powerful prayer circle of a sort with their sympathy and my computer will work again. Well Amen. I believe in miracles. Again. Thank you, God!

Please, please, please let this technology(-less) nightmare be over. And thank you, thank you, thank you to you all for putting that healing energy out there.

Now let me try to catch up on all those things I've been dying to tell you.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin