Saturday, February 1, 2014

Analyze This

Thursday night I went to sleep worried that I would not be able to drag myself out of bed in the morning. Bur when my alarm went off, I was already wake, playing back the details of a disturbing dream...

In my dream I was at school and I needed to leave my classroom. I looked out into the hallway a couple of times while my students were working in small groups, but saw no one who could come in and cover for me. And then I couldn't wait any more. I really needed to go to the bathroom, so I told my students I'd be right back. I even told them I was going to the bathroom.

When I returned to my room, a few boys were in the lab area of my classroom, Bunsen burners ablaze, burning things in them. There were fireballs in the back of my room while the rest of my class remained working quietly where they were supposed to be.

I freaked out, shut off the gas, grabbed the fire blanket and put out the fires, and then the bell rang.

The rest of my dream was me talking to colleagues, seeking moral support and advice. I was afraid to write up the boys because I thought if I did, I would get fired and the boys would go unpunished. 






No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin