Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Logical Conclusion

I had to have some fasting blood work done this morning.

Some people (Jill, maybe) hate to have blood drawn, but I don't mind it. What I mind terribly is having to leave the house in the morning without having a cup of coffee first. Breakfast I can do without, but coffee? Not so much. Without coffee I'm somewhere between irritable and half-asleep tired and bitchy. And I'm not nearly as addicted to caffeine as some. (Liz, maybe, who I imagine would have to be admitted to the hospital before they could get any decaffeinated blood out of her.)

Despite making an appointment so that I wouldn't have to wait in the lobby deli-style, I did have to wait--for the child screaming in the back to have her blood drawn--and it took longer than I anticipated.

Going home and making a pot of coffee seemed like a lifetime to wait, so I brought my morning to a logical conclusion, and stopped at Starbucks for a large coffee of the day. And a slab of banana walnut bread.

Now I'm not cranky at all.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin